Wednesday, March 1, 2017

St. Patty's Day Cuties

Hello all!
March 1st and here in Northern Alberta we got a lovely blanket of snow.
I love winter, but I am so over snow. I am super ready for spring.
Until then, I am fighting the winter blues with lovely spring colors and textures here at the ol' craft desk. I haven't been a big St. Patrick's day celebrator in the past, though I've been known to wear a wee bit o' green to ward off all pinches. I did get an order for a St. Patrick's day card so it was a way for me to break out some Irish Spirit.
Now a while ago I pre-ordered the adorable Hatters Collection of rubber stamps from The Greeting Farm. I adore these little cuties, and have been loving coloring with my copics (not great yet- but getting the hang of them!) I figured the top hatted cherubs would be perfect as little leprechauns in a simple easel card. Then doing some layers and flowers finished off the look.
I used some of my glitter paper from a stack I had purchased, which happened to go great with So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz and Smoky Slate.






I had a lot of fun layering the Spellbinders scalloped Circles, then using the curved ivy stamp from the Foxy Friends Stamp Set for Stampin' Up! was the perfect finishing touch.
I tried a layering technique with the Stampin' Up! punches and I really like how they turned out on the little Leprechaun girl. I do not have any sort of St. Patrick's day sentiment stamps so I went old school and just printed out a fun font from my computer. I figured go-to phrases like "Top O' the Mornin' to Ya" and "Luck O' the Irish" would be fun- then a simply "Happy St. Patrick's Day" layered with fun spring time Irish colors.

So these were a lot of fun :) They come in at 4.25x4.25 size, so I could build the card either up or out and still be a good A2 size.

I hope this has inspired you all! Feel free to check my new store out on Etsy as well. It's under:
ThePaperGiftBoutique

Thanks for stopping by and happy stampin!

~Brandie~

No comments: