Thursday, March 16, 2017

Spring Is Here!

Well no. Not really. We have had a batch of warmer weather but we're expecting snow again up here in what I lovingly refer to as the Northern Tundra. Plus who am I kidding? As a Northern Albertan born and raised I know that we're getting 'second winter' soon and we'll finally get spring after the final snow fall in May sometime. Usually the long weekend.

I wish I were kidding.

At least we have more light out :) That's the one thing I hate about winter (other than the length of it all up here) is the chronic darkness. I like being inside, but I thrive in sunshine and bright colors. And as any good crafter knows, if you can't have it, make it!

After making those St. Patty's day cuties a little while ago for a friend, she brought HER friend over to my place to order a card. Ahhh word of mouth advertising, gotta love it!
Anyways, her friend was blown again (blush) and wanted pretty much the exact same card, but a different Greeting Farm Hatter character and brighter colors for her mother's birthday.
Blue and Purple and Green and Yellow. Easter colors- but not TOO Easter-ish.
Ummmm Okay? lol.

Alas here is what I came up with!



My color palette this time was Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist. I wouldn't have put those colors together myself, but after the request I feel I may do these colors more often. They just scream SPRING IS HERE! Then the sweet little hatter with her hair of gold completes this Easel card.
I also went out and treated myself to some EK Success not-so-tiny flowers. I already had a variety of tiny ones so getting the next set up and layering the 'petals' made this card have even more pop of spring. Using Whisper White card stock and stacking the flowers, I was able to ink the edges to give each flower some dimension. The almost gold ribbon in a bright yellow complimented the hatter's hair and finished off this card quite nicely.

Well that's it for me. Have a great day!

~Brandie~

No comments: