Saturday, March 4, 2017

Little Piggies

So a few new things have happened to me lately, and one of those things was finally getting off my butt and opening my own etsy store. I have had my own Facebook store for a few years now, but sadly with work and 4 kids it had been horribly neglected.
All that being said, I have been busy working on various creations (to come soon) and while doing that I had found a few new craft companies (darn you pinterest! Oh who am I kidding?) and one of them is My Favorite Things. They have got the cutest, most colorable images out there! I have loved creating my own designer series paper to get the look I want, and after some inspiration from Pinterest again, I have started creating my own back grounds.
LOVE THEM! The masking and sponging techniques used is so quick, so simple, yet so effective, not to mention FUN!
These Little Piggies went wee wee wee all the way to my craft desk!
 These little guys are a part of the Hog Heaven Stamp Set from My Favorite things. I love how they have the coordinating dies to make fussy cutting almost a thing of the past (which is great cuz I'm not that great at fussy cutting).

I'm still a Stampin' Up! girl at heart so I was able to use my Top Note Die (seriously- why on earth did they retire it? It's PERFECT!) and created an awesome base to layer on patterned paper to create a background scene for the piggies. Using Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango, I cut the cupcake top out of the retired cupcake builder punch from Stampin' Up! and used it as a cloud mask as I build the color up from the Daffodil to the Tangerine to the Melon for a lovely sunset sky. Then I layered Old Olive and Pear  Pizzazz for grass, while using Copic YG04 and YG06 to make little grass bundles.
The stamp sets come with a small variety of punny sentiments and seriously, who doesn't like a good pun? And, as always, using my staple, Stampin' Dimensions to create dimension.



I hope you enjoyed them and are inspired to create your own!

~Brandie~

No comments: