Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sale a Bration Water Color

Hello!

For all you Stampin' Up! followers and lovers out there, you'll know that Sale A Bration is one of Stampin' Up!'s biggest and best events that everyone waits for each year. Other than the Annual Catalogue Launch, it may be my favourite time of the SU! calendar year.
As it winds down I get my freebies out and start creating. I got the Photopolymer set "Avant Garden" as it was free and one that I thought was okay- but maybe just sit in my 'maybe I'll get to it someday' stash. I don't know about you, but I have a few of those guilty sets stashed away.
Then while deciding to host a Sale-A-Bration final hurrah party, I wasn't sure what to use and do for make and takes and again, thank you Pinterest for some ah-mazing ideas with said Avant Garden stamp set.
I wasn't big on the 'real life' type flowers. I love more playful, cartoonish or watercolored type images. So when I saw what others were doing in a watercolor type theme I jumped on that bandwagon.
So mixing Avant Garden, So Very Much (also available during Sale-a-Bration) and Petite Petals I came up with these:
 I chose a very pretty color pallet. I love the Sweet Sugarplum color and really do hope then when SU! revamps their color spectrum, they choose to keep this color.
I have Sweet Sugarplum, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand and Pear Pizzazz.

I also really liked the font of the Avant Garden set. I hope to see more sets with the coordinating fonts to create more sentiments. I also thought the Petite Petal stamp set and punch as well as the Flower Shot stamp set and coordinating punch has some textured flowers that work really well with this set as well. I think even Gorgeous Grunge would work flawlessly with this set.
So beautiful and so much fun.


 There is so much you can do with this set and I'm glad I gave it a go. Being inspired from other stamping artists I loved how some people used the set to create an almost 'floral spray' feel. So I tried to emulate that in my cards, along the card itself, in the corners or peeking behind a matted sentiment. It was even super simple and elegant to creating a background page. It would be no problem to blend colors and do an entire 12x12 sheet with this set to make a set of one sheet wonder cards.
I hope you were all inspired and enjoyed my take on the Avant Garden and So Very Much stamp sets.

~Brandie~

No comments: