Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Ramblings and Cards

Hey all! Eloquent with the naming of a blog entry I am not. So bear with me there ;)

A few things- 1. Sale a Bration is almost over THE HORROR! One pic that I saw recently was awesome:
LOL! Don't let this be you- you can click on the image at the side bar and it'll take you to my website and you can order that way. Remember- all orders of $60 get a FREE item from the SAB catalogue AND it's still only $150 to sign up- but only until Saturday folks!

2. I am hosting my first crop! EEKS! I am really excited and anxious at the same time. To be honest, I don't know what I am doing, but I got a lot of positive feed back and ideas. The school is sending out info in their newsletter so I'll be able to network with my community. It was hard to cut back, I originally had it for $140 for the day- but was told that was too much, even IF they were getting a bunch of stuff. So learning that it doesn't have to be all or nothing is helping too.

3. CARDS! I haven't actually been crafting for a bit, but I have some oldies but goodies stock piled up here to share with you:
Here are some tent fold cards. I was so inspired by the colours and the back ground stamping from the Crimped Envelope Card, I carried it over to some greeting cards. It's Pear Pizzazz, Bravo Burgundy and Blushing Bride. Other than A Word For You (117032 w, 120528 c) stamp set, the sets are retired. I just made this for the Tradeshow I was at last month. Everyone commented on how cute they were- no one bought any (sigh). At least I can hoard and use them myself ;) lol
Here's a few monochromatic gatefold cards. I had made using the flower techniques I showed a few weeks ago. I LOVE placing the buttons in the middle and I thought they were so sweet that they deserved all the emphasis instead of a sentiment. I made wide panels from Whisper White and then dry embossed them and highlighted them with ink, then used some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch to make them all sparkley. I used a Scalloped Square to mount the flowers on and these sweet, simple cards were complete!

That's about it for me- thanks for stopping by!

~Brandie~

No comments: