Saturday, March 3, 2012

Easel Boxes

Happy Saturday All!

First and foremost, this is the LAST month for Sale-A-Bration. It's been fun and full of amazing products and I'll be sad to see it go, but good things all must come to an end (well, at least temporarily).

If you've always wanted to join and become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Sale-A-Bration is the BEST time. The regular $215 starter kit is only $150
Not only is it ONLY $150 to join, but for every month in your first year, you get a FREE digital download or package of Designer Series paper. That's a pretty sweet gift!
Plus you have a choice. You can choose the Standard Starter kit, full of stamp sets, inks, craft and business supplies, or if digital is more your style, you can have the Digital Starter kit with My Digital Studio software, embellishments for hybrid projects and business supplies. Each kit is retailed at no less than $400.
You add onto this the ability to set your own hours, work from your own home and control the amount you earn, topped with instant income and commission bonuses, a team of experts mentoring you and you have nothing to lose! Inspiring others and unlocking their creative potential is the best 'job' I could have ever asked for and signing up LAST Sale-A-Bration was the best desicion I have ever made, not to mention super fun!

Speaking of fun! I had a blast making easel card boxes. The card can be a bit hard trying to figure out using different shapes instead of the traditional easel card. I used some different shapes from another die cutting system, but I also used the Labels Collections from the Framelits Dies from Stampin' Ups! Occasions Mini #125598. I wanted to make boxes bigger so I used those instead of the Top Note Die. I made these for my cousin who I was babysitting for, but she decided to quit to stay home with her kids. She always commented on my work and had mentioned wanting keepsake boxes for their baby things- like the baby bracelet when the baby is born and card on their bassinet ect. So these measured in at 5x4. It's just a basic nugget box, widthwise instead of lengthwise.
Not all supplies are from Stampin' Up as I made these as gifts as opposed to SU! samples, but Stampin' Up DOES have Scalloped Square Dies and a variety of Alphabet Stamps in different fonts- very well worth it as you can personalize anything from gifts like these boxes, to baby onesies, to scrapbook pages. I've also a tutorial on how to embellish Stampin' Up!'s Paper Daisies so you can create them to match any colour or design you have going on.
Here's each box close up:


These were a lot of fun to make, and the Pretty in Pink and Wisteria Wonder Box fit that child's personality perfectly - and I was able to highlight the Labels Collection. I love how they layer together. Check out Stampin' Up!'s Apothecary Stamp Set that coordinates with the dies, item #125525 w 125527 c. It's beautiful and very versatile.

That's it for me for today- thanks so much for swinging by!

~Brandie~

No comments: