Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Note Card Boxes

Morning and Happy Wednesday all!
Sorry it's been a bit, I have been so busy with other things that I haven't been able to craft or blog much. I do have a second Stampers 10 group going, so that's pretty awesome. The cool thing was in my first Stampers 10 group- it was 3 ladies I already knew, and they each brought a new person in that I did NOT know, and one person from an internet ad. Then the 2nd Stampers 10 group I got underway was only ONE person I already knew, 4 from internet ads and 2 of those people brought in other new people. It's neat to see my business networking and reaching out to people I didn't know already. I can see why relationships are so important to the Stampin' Up! family as it's given me the opportunity to meet some really amazing people and overcome a wee bit of anxiety :)

Now on to the goodies!
I have been addicted to making crimped envelope cards for a while now. I love how you can make a cute insert and the decorating possibilies. It's more of a mini gift than a card, I think. They'd be perfect for holding gift cards or certificates (in fact, I make these for my own personal Stampin' Up! gift certificates), photos or recipes. OH RECIPE CARDS! Okay- I think I know what my next project is going to be ;) lol

So here is what I came up with over the past few days:
Here are a set of 12 Crimped Envelope note cards all boxed up. I tied a ribbon to keep them together as it was a bit too many cards for the box and they kept falling forward. I brought the design of my cards out into the box. I think that if you only had maybe 10 cards, or not so much bulk in the front of your cards, they wouldn't fall forward like mine did. I will have a quick tutorial on how to make these boxes soon- I was going to do it now, but I am not great at explaining so I'll wait til I have photos to show what I mean :)
This card is a remake of the same card I made with different colours. I just used Sahara Sand instead of Very Vanilla and Wild Wasabi cardstock instead of Certainly Celery. I created the same overlaping animals with my Fox and Friends Stamp set. I created the same background with the retired Circle jumbo wheel and Hostess stamp set. I really adore this design so I really wanted a chance to use it again. And being as the note cards are blank, they can be used as birthday invitations, or birthday cards, or thank you notes. The possibilities could be endless :)

Here's a set using Rich Razzleberry, Bravo Burgundy, and Pretty in Pink/Blushing Bride (I used BB to roll out my background). The current set is Flight of the Butterfly, and I loved making the 3D butterflies pop off the page with my XL butterfly punch. Again, I have to gush about how much I LOVED the thin Lucky Limeade ribbon from the Sale-A-Bration flyer. I will be sad to see it go, and hoping SU brings it back, with more colours, in the new Idea Book and Catalogue!
So with this card I just created my own background and brought the design into the notecard itself and the box as well. Again, very versatile. You could even make a stationary set using these cards and some other goodies if you were so inclined.

Anyways, that is it for me- have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

~Brandie~

No comments: