Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Paper Cakes!

Hey fans- happy Tuesday!
I've postponed making one of these long enough. I have made a bunch of pieces for fun and samples, and that led to 2 orders for 1 layer cakes- but I have never made a multi layer cake. Using SU! products, both old and new, I whipped this puppy up!
I do have to admit, I am pretty proud of it. It's one of those things that everything just came together after 2 days of hard work. I am selling this, and taking custom orders, through my Facebook Group: The Paper Gift Boutique.
Also- I can teach others how to make their own cake creation through Stampin' Up! ESPECIALLY with SU's! NEW diagonal score board that coordinates with their Simply Scored tool- coming soon! (I so can't wait for the new catalogue!)
So here's a pic of the top:
That was a lot of flower work ;) I inked each Paper Daisy individually (staining my finger tips in the process for the night), using the Basic Pearl Jewels (119247) and Basic Rhinestones (119246) for centres. The colours here are: Bravo Burgundy, Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry and then Saharah Sand for the base (I think it would have worked even better with Whisper White or Very Vanilla- but I didn't have enough CS to finish that). Made the 'centre' on top and wrapped with a silk ribbon that matches the Bravo Burgundy.
Here's an individual cake piece. I used So Swirly Jumbo Wheel (retired) and the flowers from the For all You Do stamp set 115360. I enjoyed adding the 'layer' look like on an actual cake.
The template was printed off a while ago and I kept a 'rough' draft that I trace and then score. I can't remember where I found it.
So that's it for me! Stay tuned- I have more to show you using chipboard in the next couple of days- take care!
~Brandie~

No comments: