Friday, March 23, 2012

Easter Workshop

Evening all! Off topic really quick, I just saw the ad for the Hunger Games and I can NOT tell you how stoked I am. I desperately wanting to not only see the movie, but also read the trilogy. Anyways, lol, back on topic.

I am hosting an Easter workshop tomorrow and for the past 2 weeks I have had other things going on and then creative block hit like a brick. I started making a few Easter things, but I fell in hate with what I created. I didn't like them at ALL. Then I ran out of glue :/ Go figure. So after racking my brain, google, splitcoast and pintrest, I got these things all set up :) The belly band was something I came up with just today. It's not what I wanted to do, but it's cute and it works.
This one here is the mega Matchbook that I made large enough to hold 6 mini hershey chocolate bars. I used my Subtle paper collection to wrap each of the bars, cut 1.5x3 inches (wraps them perfectly). I used Pretty In Pink, and cut it to 4.25 x 11 and scored at 1, 1.5, 5.5, 6, 6.5. I trimmed the bottom edge (that folds over, under the bow) with Scalloped Edge punch, and then added layers of scallopes in different colours. I also used the 3rd sized Label from the Labels Collection in the Occassions Mini 125598. I used the 2nd label to create the image, which was stamped using the Everybunny Stamp Set (122707 c, 122705 w). I finished it off with Whisper White Satin Ribbon, 114616. I then tucked the scalloped border up and over the top, after adhereing the ribbon to the underside of the top of the Matchbook (right under the die cut image) so I can wrap it around and tie it up :)
This here uses the 1x8 Cellophane bags, 124134 and I filled it with Cadbury mini eggs. I folded one Label (the 3rd one) in half to seal the top, then added layers using the 2nd and 1st layer, finishing it off with a stamped image. I also used the Boho Blossom Punch 119858 to create some cute, tiny blooms with the Subtle Designer Series paper collection, topping those off with some Dazzling Detail (124117). Here's the last little packaging I am showcasing tomorrow. I used Stampin' Up's Medium Flat Cello Bags (4x6), 102757 and cut a bit off, folding it in half. I wasn't sure what I was going to do so I just started playing a bit. I knew I wanted to do a belly band, but I didn't want to make a box as the workshop is only 3 hours and we were doing a couple of things already. So I made the Belly Band and highlighted the So Saffron with the Every Egg standard wheel 124089 and So Saffron ink. Then I used a piece of scrap that was cut from creating labels for the other 2 projects. I put it sideways, the stamped the image and finished it off with more Boho Blossoms. Finishing off all projects I just inked the edges to add dimension, and viola! Done :) Was pretty happy with how everything turned out, especially after having creative block for the past little while.
That's it for me for today- have a great evening!

~Brandie~

No comments: