Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On Your Birthday

These cards have so many of my favourite things I love doing.
Thing 1. finding unique ways to fold cards to veer away from the traditional. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I find unique foldings really help to make a card pop!
Thing 2: embossing with glitter!
Thing 3: using a template that works and making a variety of cards that are just a bit different, but easy enough to assemble.

I used the On Your Birthday 111664 stamp set for each of these. The cool thing with this stamp set, is that it has a variety of birthday sentiments that can mix and match for the outside and inside of the cards. I also used For All You Do 115360, to create the side panel. I cut a 2x5.5 inch panel and dry embossed them with embossing folders. You can't see the embossing on the pink panel- but I used the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder 115964 and inked the raised edge.
So this card features Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink and Baja Breeze. Instead of using a coloured embossing powder, I mixed some of the Aqua in the Fine Supernova Stampin' Glitter pack 114287, with clear embossing powder.
This card features Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla and Pink Pirouette. I used a different sentiment from the stamp set.
This one is exactly like the one above, only I mixed it up at a customer's request and used Whisper White and Basic Black with the Rich Razzleberry.

So once you get your bases done, it's really easy to get into the swing of making a bunch of cards, even if you're using different colour palettes, especially if you're using the same techniques and stamp sets.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Brandie~

No comments: