Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Dig You!

Hey guys!
Here's a few cards I whipped up:
As you can tell by a lot of my other posts, I tend to gear more towards girly-girl. Flowers, glitter, swirls- yanno. Girly ;) Being as I have 2 amazing sons, I really need to veer into a more masculine direction sometimes. It's hard because it's not my forte and not very natural for me to do. I had a lot of fun making these cards though. I have been complimented on my card folding by a few people, and for me it's just steering away from traditional to make it more unique. This is a z fold card- and then I layered a few squares that were layered too. I love the effect of multi layering too, so I was able to do that. I had these cards pre-cut from my Christmas workshop in December, and I didn't use them so I figured they'd work for these cards. I used Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Crumb Cake. I love how the colours all work together. I have a bit of Chocolate Chip in there too. Plus I used my Many Marvelous Markers (thanks to hubby for last years Mother's day gift!) to colour in the I Dig You (122720 w 122722 c) stamp set.
I also created a neat effect over the Crumb Cake panel by colouring a wheel from one of the stamps with Sahara Sand and stamping randomly. Then I stamped the "I Dig You" phrase over and over again.
Well that's it for me for today!
Take care ;)
~Brandie~

No comments: