Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chipboard Fun

Hey guys!
A few quick projects showcasing chipboard. I love personalized gifts and have been wanting to make this little baby for a while now!
It's a basic table top type of flip calendar. Very easy to put together. I think using double stick adhesive would work a lot better than white glue- the glue dried too quickly and made a mess. You could even use a book binding tool to bind it more professionally, but I don't own one so I just used some simple binder clips.You can see how it's put together on the side. A sheet of 12x12 designer series paper was just too short as the pieces were cut to 4.5x5, 4.5x6, 1.5x6 and 1.5x6- so you can see a piece at 9x6 DSP holding the bottom together and overlapping a piece of 6x6 DSP on either side. Here I used the DSP Paper Stack in Subtle (117152) and then a sheet from the Tea Time Simply Scrappin' Kit (122374). I used some stickers form The Tea Time kit and Whisper White Grossgrain Ribbon (109025)
Then you can make tabs and dividers using Whisper White card stock and decorating it, and adding a tab using the Round Tab punch (119864)
I am more of a dessert maker as opposed to cook- so I have a lot of candy, cupcake and treat recipes (including my own coffee mixes! WOO HOO!) I used double stick tape to stick each tab to each page instead of stapling it. I am out of Whisper White CS (the horror! lol) and when my order comes in, then I will make actual recipe cards, and then cover them in laminate to keep them from getting icky when I bake. If I replace my printer then I can even print the recipes out instead of handwritting- tho handwritting gives a more personal touch. I can't wait to get the recipes in here and start using it! I have wanted to make one for myself for a long time now.

One of the things I have struggled with is my weight (after posting about desserts- IRONIC! lol) and one way I found to help my eating habits is to write them down. So using some scrap chipboard from packaging I made my own journal.
I loved the 'notebook' feel of the Tea Time Simply Scrappin' Kit so I used it to decorate my book (which measures 9x6). I just covered a front and back cover, decorated the front and then added binder rings. I had more holes as I planned to lace some ribbon for a closure- that didn't work. Trust me on that one! Then I used the Labels Collection (125598) to create my title. I love the super thin ribbon from the Sale A Bration catalogue- I find it so versatile to wrap around things or to hang notions from. I just cut a bunch of computer paper to size and filled my book with it. You could even take a plan lined legal pad and make a journal from that too.

That's all I have for you today- thanks for stopping by!

~Brandie~

No comments: