Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Talk Nerdy To Me

Hello! Welcome back :)
Today I have some fun Nerdy Valentine's day (or all purpose day- but definitely for your honey) cards. All of these cards feature Pop Culture sets by Kindred Stamps. I used Space Heroes (retired), Video Game Brothers and Galactic Adventures. We all know what they are supposed to emulate, so for the fans out there, they'll love them.
To coordinate with that, I got this awesome Pop Up Slider die from My Favorite Things stamps. I didn't know how I would feel about interactive cards. Selling cards at Craft shows , most of them are sealed with their respective envelopes in a cello bag to keep them from bending and getting finger printy. I do display a few, but more often than not, I don't have a whole lot of room. I will have to figure out how to display these a bit better as I believe that my customers and fans will agree that they are fun and not like anything you can get in a store, which is the allure of hand made cards. (I also believe we should start referring ourselves as Paper Artisans from here on in, who's with me?)
So without further adieu,my first attempt at slider pop up cards!
ist Up first we have a Star Hero and his green lady from the Space Heroes set. The phrase is very cheeky and I love it! Then, to add to the fun, once you slide it open, Twig is sitting there with his own little sentiment. The backgrounds I created myself using Tim Holtz Distress Inks and then used a white jelly pen to dot stars. I added some glitter spots with some silver Stickles to add glitter stars. The background on the card base used a swirly star background found in one of my Christmas sets from Stampin' Up! and embossed in silver. You could leave the card as is, but I used it as a front on some Basic Black cardstock cut vertically and opening in a tent fold fashion. The inside was blank, but I inked the bottom in the same way and added some more of this fun washi tape that came with the stamp set. Just to remind everyone, it was a limited edition boxed set through Kindred Stamps and, unfortunately, is no longer available.


 Up next I used the Video Game Brothers set and Greetings Galore Sentiment stamp set from My Favorite Things. I also used the background stencils from MFT to create the clouds and rolling hills that you would find as a background in the game. I also got to try out my new Nuvo Drops and I must say, I am now a huge fan and the next big purchase is going to be more sets of those babies. I am in love!

 Last nerdy Valentines I made were featuring everyone's favorite Galactic Adventuring couple, complete with their catch phrase, perfect for a lovey-dovey card. I again used Tim Holtz Distress Inks and created 2 different spacey backgrounds. Using a smaller squeeze on my Nuvo Drops, I added a bit of interest with those and some more Silver Stickles.


I think that's it for now. I got a kick out of playing with my new interactive dies. A tip though, make sure your double stick adhesive does not go RIGHT against the slider part- it will not slide smoothly. Beyond that, it was easier than I thought to put together and I really enjoyed how they came together.

I hope you enjoyed!
~Brandie~

No comments: