Friday, February 7, 2020

Reveal Wheel Fun

Hey all! Happy Friday!
Today I will be showing you how I used Lawn Fawn's Reveal Wheel and made it all my own.
Before I purchased the dies I had watched quite a few different tutorials on how to use the Reveal Wheel. I refrained from buying it for a while because as cool as it is, I wasn't sure if I would really use it.
That was a lie.
After the tutorials and seeing how others were doing other things, I got excited and couldn't wait to get my grubby paws on a set. ESPECIALLY with how Lawn Fawn has created a bunch of ad-ons to compliment it. Beside that, you can opt out of the ad-ons and get really creative with the shapes you use for the peek-a-boo or the items you put behind the on the wheel that turns. I have seen phrases used or even doing different colors so it turns into a rainbow.
For my card, I wanted to do something different.
 I had also purchased the Circle add on and I wanted to use it as a peek-a-boo with this adorable Popping By To Say Hi stamp set by Clearly Besotted. Unfortunately, the circle was a bit too small  for these little faces. I used another circle die and centered it over and it was too low for where the center of the wheel would be. I then re cut it, but then raised the larger circle up a bit so each of these cuties can peek up. Another thing was the Reveal Wheel has an embossed notch in the wheel where the top of the die should align with. I ignored it and then centered it as best as I could and added a pencil mark and stamped right under it. I then had to shift it by a quarter, mark and stamp. So if you look close enough, you'll see that it's not perfect (some of the animals have the tips of their ears showing on the part that you spin) but it's not super noticeable and the child who is receiving this will love it anyways.
After I figured that out, (which if should make again with how-to photos for anyone interested), I wanted to add some interest to the front. The wheel is awesome, but it's higher up on the card and that's a LOT of white underneath. I wanted to cut the child's name out because I figured a: he'd love it and b: it would be a great way to personalize it. To add even further interest, I used my Tim Holtz Disress inks and made a rainbow blend on a spare piece of Whisper White underneath.
I then inked the background with Mowed Grass and Broken China for grass and sky and added some more Nuvo Drops for interest. Because I found the circle to be a bit plain, I then die cut a scalloped circle and used the same size regular circle to create almost a 'sun' for the peek a boo window. This was definitely fun to make and I will be definitely playing around with this die set again.
I hope you enjoyed!
~Brandie~

e

No comments: