Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Happy Villaintines

Hey all! Sorry it's a bit late, unfortunately I got hit with this horrible flu bug going around. Still not 100% but much better than I was over the weekend. I haven't been this sick in long time. So it's put everything on hiatus, including my creativity.
Before I fell ill, I was working on these fun, tongue-in-cheek 'villain'tines. I got the idea from an online meme going around that I saved to my Facebook page. Being as the AMAZING Kindred Stamps has a lot of Fairy Tale themed pop culture stamp... which I own most of... I was able to recreate them in greeting card form. The sayings are not my own, and I found them on Facebook. I believe it is "Disney Villains Afterhours". I downloaded a free font "Wicked Queen" by Fontspace to type them out and then printed them on Whisper White Cardstock.
These Villains are from a variety of sets, all by Kindred Stamps. I'm Wishing, Arabian Nights, Ocean Royalty, Once Upon a Nap and Stay Strong. All the villains I used are also on a set called "Villainous" where you have JUST the bad guys- these and quite a few others.
The cards were really easy to put together. I used my trusty Tim Holtz Distress Inks to ink the back grounds. They needed a little something extra so I found a swirly stamp set (it was a garage sale find so I am unsure who the company is, but I do have a similar set from Inkadinkado), and then stamped those swirls in black embossing powder. Unfortunately, I don't have any black Nuvo Drops (YET!) so I have some pearls that I just colored in with my Black Copic that I accented the cards with. Lastly I matted the image on some black glitter paper.
I wanted to create dimension with the fold of the card being as the image was a bit more basic. I do this by cutting part of the front off and letting the image and/or sentiment 'hang' over the edge. The insides are blanks so you can put whatever sentiment you'd like on the inside. I figure these could be used as Anti-Valentines cards or even some fun, snarky ones for your S.O. or friends.
I hope you enjoyed!

~Brandie~





No comments: