Friday, February 28, 2020

Forest Babies

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today I want to show you the z-fold card I created. I am a little obsessed with these types of cards at the moment. I love the idea of creating a scene and this allows me to do just that AND add an element of dimension with the front folded panel.
If you aren't sure on the dimensions, this is the simplest design I had found. You take a standard 4.25x11 piece of cardstock and score it at 5.5 and 2.75. Then you have a strip of cardstock, and that can be as tall as you want. I usually go anywhere from 1 inch to 1.5 inches tall. You want it tall enough to create a solid piece but not large enough to hide the background. That strip also gets scored at 5.5 and 2.75 but gets folded at the opposite direction than the card base.
For this card I used a few different sets from The Greeting Farm. I used Wood Friends, Cuddly Thanks and Hoppy Hello. Perfect for this forest background. The trees were from On Thin Ice by Clearly Besotted. It's a Christmas set, but the pine trees are perfect for a simple forest background (Plus, they are the only tree stamps I have that don't have Christmas stars on top). I created the background with the background stencils from My Favorite Things and finished the whole thing off with some gorgeous Plaid Paper from My Favorite Things and some enamel dots from Stampin' Up! The sentiment is an old Stampin' Up! single stamp I have and I heat embossed it in black.
I find this to be a very versatile layout. I can't wait to create more scene cards in this style.

I hope you enjoyed!

~Brandie~

No comments: