Friday, February 21, 2020

Shake Them Tags

Hey all! Just a quick post today. I am working on a lot of new ideas and I can't wait to show you. For now I am digging out my fun shaker tags that I started making last year. I love shakers anyways, I became a little addicted, but doing them in a 'mini' form for gift tags was just the next level. I definitely had to get myself the My Favorite Things Tag Blueprints dies, but there are quite a few other dies from other companies that would work to do this, and you bet I definitely want to get my hands on them! I find pairing them with cute images of characters make them very versatile for any occasion.
I used the Mini Characters and the Unicorns from The Greeting Farm, and the Adorable Elephants from My Favorite Things.
When I make anything 'shaker' related, I prefer the Foam Adhesive Strips from Stampin' Up! I like these because they are very versatile and pliable, so you can twist them and mold them to whatever shape you need. They are a decent height so it works for shaker embellishments and I don't have to cut a bunch of layers OR use foam. For the window itself, I use Clear Film sheets. I found a pad of 25 9x12 sheets called Dura-Lar and they are very artist friendly. I found this at Michaels and use a 40% off coupon to make it cost effective. They are nice and thick so they are great for windows, or if you wanted to use them for a 3D project.
 These characters are from the Get Well Soon set from the Greeting Farm. I also had a few 6x6 plaid paper packs from My Favorite Things to accent them. Add some sheer ribbon from Stampin' Up! and they came together quite quickly. These would be great for thanking a nurse or health care provider on top of a small gift.
 For the Unicorns (Magical Friends and a L'il Magic sets from the Greeting Farm) I opted for a fun, monochromatic theme. The sentiments are from My Favorite Things.
 Lastly I once more used the Adorable Elephants from My Favorite Things and went with the yellow, grey and white color scheme. Unlike my other tags, I went and also decorated the inside by creating a background for these little elephants. I love that story book feel and found that it accented these tags perfectly. These are wonderful for baby gift bags. And unlike those 'other' tags, people will love and appreciate these, and have a blast shaking them up.

Well that's it for me for now! I'll be back soon with new stuff. Take care.

~Brandie~

No comments: