Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Baby Elephants (again)

Good afternoon!
For my past couple of career paths (currently, and for the foreseeable future it's my local library), I've been the card making lady. Not only do my co-workers come to me for commissioned orders (thanks guys!) but I am the go-to for birthdays, births, and congrats cards. So when our last office manager had a baby, I whipped up this gorgeous card using Adorable Elephants by My Favorite Thing Stamps. Unfortunately, I was a bit late, so it stayed in a drawer until our regular office manager had HER baby.
I used the neutral color combo that I usually use for babies, shades of yellow, grey and white. I love it! And again, it works well with this stamp set. I also love creating background scenes for these types of characters. I feel that it gives it a very story-book look. The inks are all Tim Holtz distress and distress oxide inks. That with my background stencils by My Favorite Things make creating those backgrounds really easy to throw together.
To carry on with the story-book/scene building look, I used a 5.5x11 sheet of paper and scored it as close to thirds as I could (I believe it's 4 and 8) so there is a smaller 3 inch panel in front. What I also love about this is you can create a new layout with every open and close of each panel, plus lots of room for writing, which is great for a lot of co-workers.
Then when it's fully opened, it has a fun and playful look.
I am definitely going to have to do this again. It's just colorful and pretty and I am sure will be well loved by the new momma.

I hope you all are inspired! Thanks for stopping by.

~Brandie~




No comments: