Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Classic Pinups

Welcome back! What a chaotic year 2019 was. It seems that everyone else was lamenting it and happy to see it go, whereas I had a bountiful year full of change.
I created a lot more. Did more craft shows and made my side hustle more of a priority. You can follow me on instagram @crafterseden to see current and in process projects.
I started fiction writing again. I wanted to be an author when I was younger. Unfortunately life gets in the way and sometimes your inner voice has this horrible way of squashing dreams. So 20 years after high school I wrote my first short story since and entered into our local contest. Though I didn't win, I did place and that was all I really wanted. So here I am, published. Another goal reached.
And I turned 40. The big Four-Oh. It didn't really bother me to be honest. I have been 'turning forty' for the past year and a half. And now it's here. I am anticipating good things for my fortieth year on the planet. Extending my goals. Writing more. Creating more. Growing more.

I hope that 2020 goes well for all of you as well. Big goals, big dreams- and just crush them all to pieces.

One of my goals this year is to try to use all my stamp sets - especially the batches of new sets I accumulated this past year. One of those sets were the Cheeky Girly Girls set by The Greeting Farm. They are a set of 8 individual pin-up style girls and a few cheeky sentiments. I stamped these before Christmas and then got around to coloring them this past week. It was fun to come up with color combos and make simple thinking of you cards to finish them off. The sentiments are from My Favorite Things.
 Here are four of them for you to check out. Because I enjoy making things match, I kept the same basic layout for each card, but adding different elements to mix it up. Plus using some Recollections Woodgrain paper brought the card set together in a cohesive manner without overpowering the cards. I love the woodgrain paper and I do use it often. It's very versatile in how you can stamp on it and use it as either a background or a focal point.
So I hope you enjoyed this four out of eight in the set. I'll catch you next time!

~Brandie~

No comments: