Sunday, January 26, 2020

Eclipse Cards

Hey all!

I have seen a few Eclipse cards (even though I didn't know what they were called for the longest time.) But I finally found them and tried my own spin on them and really need to make more. Which means I maaaay need to purchase more alpha and word dies. These can be done in a variety of ways and are such a versatile design that I could make a ton of them. I wonder how many cards would be a ton......
I had a request for a couple of cards from a friend of mine. A retirement card for an old boss of ours and a thank you card.
With the retirement card I didn't have any retirement stamps so I used my alpha dies to spell out the word. I used the Totally Tropical stamp set from Altenew to create a spray on each corner.
I find the appeal in this card to be the hint of a sentiment. You can sort of see it face on and then as you move the card around it becomes more apparent. Plus using floral images to camouflage and adding some additional die cut flowers just added even more dimension.
Being as the word Retirement was pretty long so the card wound up being 9x4.  It did take a little while because I spent a lot of time masking the flowers, which is something I hadn't done in this great of detail before. I am really happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to try new ideas on this type of card.
Well, I hope you enjoyed!

~Brandie~

No comments: