Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Life is Awesome

Hey there, welcome back to my blog. The cold snap has FINALLY released it's grip this week and the sun in shining and I could even enjoy a short walk. How cold is a cold snap? -46 with a wind chill that brought us to -56 at one point. That is in Celsius for any of my American fans who may be reading this.
That translates to : "Holy Damn it's cold!" So with the weather moderately warming up, I don't need to be huddled for warmth with blankets and sweaters watching Netflix on my couch. I am back to my desk and creating. Despite the cold snap breaking, it's still winter. In Northern Alberta it'll be winter for another few months (you read that right). A few ways I like to boycott winter is to make spring and supper type foods (think grilled meat and salads) and creating with a LOT of bright colors and flowers. Makes my desk look all spring and summery.
Keeping with the mini card theme, I created this small set with the stamp and die set "Life is Awesome" and "Geo Frames" by Altenew. I silver embossed the frame and accented the flowers with pearls and Wink of Stella. I opted out of any sentiments as the recipient wanted something more all purpose. So these 3x3 cards can be used as gift tags or small note cards and she is free to use them for whatever the need is.
I matted these on some white woodgrain patterned paper with a hint of glitter paper behind. I also popped the largest flower on a dimensional so it created depth on such a small card.

I hope you enjoyed!

~Brandie~


No comments: