Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Childhood Friends

Hello there!
As I have stated a few weeks back, I have come across Kindred Stamps and they have some great sets based in pop culture. I've already shown you Galactic Adventures (and more to come on those!) but today's set features Childhood Friends. I love the storybook feel of these characters and they would be perfect for any type of project. As I've shown before as well, I created these cute and simple card sets for a silent auction. 5 Simple cards, blank on the inside, with characters that people know and love (yet can't name- copyrite and all ;) )
They are, as I've mentioned, very simple to put together. I just stamped the characters on a simple 3x4 Whisper White cardstock, inking the edges with Tim Holtz Distressed inks. The plaid paper is from My Favorite Things. I did not add any dimmensionals as I wanted these to lay as flat as possible to fit in the Stampin' Up! 5x7 acetate boxes. I then layered them on self created blended backgrounds (again, with Distress Ink).
The tag for the package was a lot of fun to make as well, I used My Favorite Things circle blueprint tag builder and created it as a shaker (not a great photo though) and was able to use each character from the set. I finished off the set with cute epoxy hearts that I found at Michaels, the colors accenting the paper and coloring nicely.

I hope this inspired you all and that you have a great day!

~Brandie~





No comments: