Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Get Yo Geek On

Morning all! 
 So here are the Nellis household, we are family of proud nerds. We enjoy comics and video games and sci fy and super heroes. So when I found the stamp company Kindred Stamps, I freaked out! They do pop culture type stamps. Because of copyrite laws though, we are calling these guys by their 'Kindred' name (although it's pretty obvious what these guys are). This particular stamp ensemble is called "You're Super". They did a wonderful boxed set with a Spider guy digi BUT alas, I didn't get to the box in time :( BUT they are so awesome and brought them back :) So I didn't get all the goodies for the boxed set- or the digi- but I got the stamp set itself and got all sorts of happy. THANKS LADIES! lol
What I did here is inspired by Jennifer Mcguire's one layer card. Now I myself obviously didn't do one layer, BUT I decided to forgo any embellishments or ribbons, something that is different for me because I usually like to add touches of a little something something.
I also didn't add any dimmensionals, which again, is something I don't usually do. I wanted to keep the cards monochromatic in nature but with a bold black mat (as a comic strip would have bold black outlines for each box). 
I wanted to create 5 different cards that are blank on the inside and basic sentiments on the outside. I packaged them in a group and used the Stampin' Up! clear acetate boxes to bundle them together. These boxes are great :) I hope they keep them around cuz they are just so versatile. 
I colored the images in my copics, sponged some background using Tim Hotlz's Distress Oxide Inks and layered them together with colored and black mats. Finishing off the bundle I created these fun Captain Shied tags. They were easy enough, I just cut circles out of white, red and blue and a white star in the center. Add it to the box of cards and it makes a great gift for someone.
I hope you all enjoyed and make sure to check out Kindred Stamps www.kindredstamps.com for their variety of pop culture stamp sets and try them yourselves!

~Brandie~


No comments: