Friday, March 8, 2019

Princess Storybook Card

I love my clients. I just need to say that. I mean, I get inspired on my own, and Pinterest is AMAZING, don't get me wrong, but when I get an order from a client (usually friends who love my work), then I get pushed out of the box and get to try something new. I loved seeing other artist's using ink (usually Tim Holtz distress and distress oxide inks as they blend really well!) to create backgrounds. I adore the whole 'storybook' feel to the blended backgrounds. It does remind me of the childhood fairy tale books. Being as I have a variety of princess and fairy and forest animal sets, this technique works so well with it. 

The top of the card was an idea I had. It didn't work as well as I wanted, but it worked for what I wanted. I don't think I would do this particular technique for cutting the top of the card as trying to line up the edges with my sandwich mats and trying to align it in my Big Shot. I started by cutting a piece of Whisper White Card stock into 8.5x5.5 and scored it into 3. As you can see, it doesn't score equally unless you try to adjust it and I just didn't want to do that, lol. I scored it at 4 inches and 7.75 inches. I then used the Sizzix Scalloped circles and threaded the left side on the corner with the die and ran it through. I did the same on the opposite side. That left the center panel 'open' to try and thread and line it up with the others. Don't ask me the details. There was a lot of frustration and a few curses thrown. I gotta figure out a better way lol. 

I then blended the sky with Stampin' Up Pool Party and Soft Sky and the grass I used Lemon Lime Twist and Pear Pizzazz. I found that they worked really well and blended nice. For the stamps, it's a mod podge of different sets from The Greeting Farm. I have the unicorns/ponies from the Be A Unicorn set and the princess from the retired Ever After bundle. Then the flowers and sentiment are from sets here and there that I can't remember where I nabbed from. They added just a bit of fun. Add some glitter and you've got yourself a wonderful storybook card for the princess in your life! 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're inspired!

~Brandie!






No comments: