Wednesday, March 13, 2019

In A Galaxy Far Away

As I have mentioned before, I come from a proud family full of nerds. One thing my husband especially loves is all things Star Wars. We have all the movies (obviously), a couple of calendars and memorabilia and he's even got himself the start of a Storm Troopers Costume.
So when Kindred Stamps came out with Galactic Adventures in 3 different sets, I needed to get each of them.
The cute-but-not-TOO-cute images are detailed and fun to color, and perfect for any age Galactic fan.
The background I created myself by looking up and studying how other crafters created their own galaxy backgrounds. It was easy, messy and fun using Tim Holtz distress oxide inks, blending Broken China, Wilted Violets, Worn Lipstick and Hickory Smoke together to look very sci-fy. The oxide inks are perfect to gently splatter water on it to create 'stars', and then flicking some white paint and dabbling silver stickles for more stars and sparkle.
The woman's resistance card was fun, I cut the background in a diagonal and then used some Stampin' Up! foam adhesive strips to create a shaker moat.

The next card was inspired by the recent Solo movie, and I had my husband encouraging me to use the quote.

 I got a little caught up creating galaxy backgrounds, if you couldn't tell :) Being as they company doesn't have actual dies, but they DO have cut files (which I have no idea how to use) and I REALLY didn't like the idea of fussy cutting, I just did basic stamp and matting for these sets.

I also used a certain father figure and a couple of lovely droids to create a couple of other cards. I used some Die Cuts With a View glitter paper packs in neutrals to help with the whole galaxy/metal/space theme.
These cards are simple in their design and structure, nothing complex as you can tell, but were still a lot of fun to put together.

I hope you enjoyed them and are inspired!

~Brandie~

No comments: