Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Pretty Little Fairies

It's no secret that I love any and all things fantasy and fae. And though I am no follower in it, I do enjoy the imagery and stories and art of it all. So when I found Whimsy Stamp Company and saw they had artwork from Sylvia Zee under Wee Stamps, I immediately fell in love. There are a few angels and fairies, and then just cute little characters, and I had to get as many as I could get my hands on. They don't have any dies and with the way the backgrounds are incorporated into the stamp, it would be very hard for me to try and fussy cut, so when I do use these sets, I tend to use a crisp piece of Whisper White cardstock cut into quarters and then I can stamp in the center and either cut it down to the size I need to mat and create a card front with, or die cut with some layering shaped dies.
Coloring these images are a lot of fun as well, but can be tiring. Hunched over with either my copics or my crayola pencils as there are so many delicate areas on these images. But trust me when I saw it's worth it. And, of course, to finish off these beautiful images, you don't need to over do it with embellishments, but you can without taking away from the beauty of the image. I like creating flowers using dies, either Spellbinders or Tim Holtz. Cutting then using my stylus to mold the floral shapes and then layering with Zots or liquid adhesive. Then, if you're like me, you add a bit of stickles bling and you're good to go!
Here are some examples to hopefully inspire you.

Hope you're inspired! Thanks for stopping by.

~Brandie~


No comments: