Saturday, April 28, 2012

More Easel Boxes

Hey all- happy Saturday! Here's a quick note- these aren't made using solely Stampin' Up products (save the colours I used and a few stamp sets) BUT the amazing thing is, Stampin' Up DOES have very similar products- I just haven't gotten them for myself yet ;)

I made these little easel drawer boxes for each of my kids. I love that you can decorate the easel part as a card, or with their name etc. Quite a few of SU!'s letter stamp sets are retiring, so if you love the idea of creating your own personal titles or names like this- make sure to grab them before May 31st!

 With Bella's I used Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight. I love using a bright burst of yellow to add some vibrancy to an otherwise monochromatic colour scheme. The flowers were SO much fun to make (not to mention messy! but hard to glue on- make sure they are SUPER dry!). I dipped them into Versamark and then sprinkled my 1/2 and 1/2 mix of fine embossing powder and glitter on them and heat embossed them. They didn't adhere right away, the back of the flowers becoming waxy, so you may want to try a different way to glue them on. I DID use the Labels collection die cuts from the Occassions mini to create the 'shape' of the easel. I hope SU! comes out with even more shapes in this design! I really enjoy layering them-and it's nice that they are easier to work with and don't take up as much space as other dies.
 
 I used Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and Chocolate Chip for Gabe's, using snippits from the Time for Tea Simply Scrappin' Kit. I also love the Designer Brads from the Sale-A-Bration (fingers crossed they bring it back!)
To be honest, I don't think I used any SU! products on Lexie's save the colours- so I'll just skip to that ;) Here was Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink and Concord Crush. OH! And For All You Do Stamp Set's Butterfly is in there, as well as the Rhinestones. The amazing thing about SU is that you can coordinate everything. Here, the buttons aren't the same shade as the paper, they are a little off. And for the flowers you could use the large Paper Daisies and then dyed them Concord Crush by placing them in a dish with water and some drops (depending on how vibrant you want them) of Ink Refiller (I just didn't happen to have this shade). It would have coordinated better with the paper, even if it was lighter or darker- it would still be the same colour.

These boxes are so much fun to make and can be a perfect gift for a new mom to place a baby's hospital bracelet and ID card in, or a gift for a friend with some note cards or candies in it. These are versatile and can be used as a decoration as well as a gift box/card combo.

That's it for me for today- playing with my new toys I received in the mail yesterday- so should have some new goodies to showcase next week.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Brandie~