Thursday, April 19, 2012

Belated Easter Goodies

Being as there was a lot of sickness over the Easter holiday, I am a little late in getting my Easter post in. It may be too late for this Easter, but would work for next year (as SU! doesn't have the Everybunny stamp set on their retired list- we know we are sure to see it again next year!) You could also use these as a base for other holidays, just change up the stamps and colour scheme.

Here are the vanilla cupcakes I whipped up for my kids' classes. There were a LOT of cupcakes. I wasn't overly impressed with the recipe, they said it should taste just like the cake mix (soft, moist and sweet), but from scratch. Mine had a weird after taste. I don't think the kids minded at all. I made little tent pop ups to place on top of the cupcakes, hiding a next of jelly beans underneath. Being as I needed to make a LOT of them, I chose simple over fancy. Especially considering kids just throw them out.

For a few practise goodies that I made the day before Easter, I tried these mini carrot patches:
I cut a good 6 inches off of my Wilton cake decorators bags (unfortunately they put their logo on the decorators bags now). It wasn't really what I was going after but I do love candy carrots. I think they look adorable :) I can't wait to try something with cocoa for Christmas with these little baggies.

Well, that's it for today. I have something super cute I can't wait to share with you tomorrow! It took me a couple of days to throw together, but I think the effort was worth it. So I shall see you all tomorrow!
Ciao!

~Brandie~

No comments: