Sunday, April 15, 2012

So Long, Farwell

Sorry guys! I have been meaning to share since Easter ;) My poor little guy got the chicken pox and then I came down with a cold. THANKFULLY no one else got the pox (mom can't remember if I had them as a child or not). So blogging and crafting has been put on hold.

As you will notice on my side bar, I have a link that brings you to Stampin' Up!s retired list. I haven't gotten savvy enough to figure out how to attach a pdf file, so you'll have to forgive me that. I haven't gotten any sneak peeks at the new items yet- so it's hard to tell how I feel about saying good bye to so many favourites. Most of them I put in my Starter Kit when I signed up a year ago. Flight of the Butterfly is my favourite set to enhance a card. For All You Do is my continueous go-to set, full of floral images that I adore. I guess they will be easy to replace and I don't doubt Stampin' Up! will have some amazing products to take their places, but until I see what they have in store, the retired list is very bittersweet. I am excited to see what Stampin' Up has coming out though. As sad as I have been in the past as a customer to see certain 'must have' beloved faves gone before I had a chance to grab 'em, I was always enthralled with what new and amazing things SU brought out in their current catalogue.

So enough about retiring :) Make sure if you have any MUST HAVES you grab them now. AND remember- the 2010-2012 In Colours will be gone as well (Concord Crush, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade). I can't wait to see what sort of colour combination SU will come up with to replace these fun colours!
To reminisce I have an older project I made when I first became a demo: Here's all the little trinkets I made with my Starter Kit. I chose 4/5 in colours and bought the last one as an add on. They were hostess treats. And, as you can see, my beloved Flight of the Butterfly gave them dimennsion.
Here's a Mini Magazine note card holder with coordinating note cards.
It's a great way to put those scraps to good use and a quick and simple gift for a teacher, mother or friend (or yourself - don't forget to treat yourself!)
That's it for me for now, make sure you go over your wishlists and get those retiring items before it's too late! And join me in the coming weeks to see what's retiring on the accessories side, as well as sneak peeks as soon as I am able with fresh new items coming your way!

~Brandie~

No comments: