Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mini Boxed Scrapbook

Hi folks! Sorry it's late- hubby took the computer for the weekend and then SOMEONE (eyeballs her two year old) decided that being up from 12:30am-3am would be a wonderful thing on Sunday night, so I was pretty wreaked yesterday.

My newest favourite colour has got to be Basic Grey. Grey itself seems so dismal and boring- but boy was I wrong! I bought a pack of 11x8.5 cardstock and ink in Basic Grey and I have been enjoying it ever since! Of course, being as girly as I am, I had to throw some Rich Razzleberry and Pretty in Pink to give it some feminine charm :)

So here's what I whipped up:











I made a 4.25x4.25 box in Basic Grey and cut a square peek a boo window on the top and added some silver embossed flowers along the edge. Then I have a Rich Razzleberry scalloped square and sentiment on top using a stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration flyer. Finish with some Pretty in Pink strips and some Whisper White grossgrain ribbon. The scrapbook itself is 4x4 and is accordian album style. I cut a bunch of 4x8 strips of whisper white and then scored them at 4 inches, attaching them in an accordian style. It made a bunch of pages,  so you can fit quite a bit of photos and pages in this book, but you can also cut back instead. The box height is 1 inch and the book closes nicely without bulging.

Here's the inside and what I did with the inside. I can put 2x2 photos, 3x3 or 3.5x3.5 (using digital photos and sizing them may be easier than cropping existing photos).




Okay there! (trying to place pictures is starting to be a pain in the bum! I hope they worked out okay!) Anyways, here's the inside of the album. This isn't all the pages, but they are all pretty cohesive. The bottom (last page) of the album is undecorated and attached to the bottom inside of the box. I had a lot of fun putting this together once I had the concept. I would suggest that if you just want to make the album, just go ahead unless you already have a set of pictures you know you want in it. I didn't know what pictures I wanted to put in it, so I wasted a day trying to figure it out- and then decided I'd just make it and leave it empty. So I can use it as a baby album, a gift, a just-because album or whatever :)

That's it for me for today ;) Will be working out and working on some craft ideas later today so hopefully will have some more for you during the week!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Brandie~

No comments: