Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tap Dancing Technique

Good morning and happy Wednesday all! I hope today finds you cheerful and inspired. I look outside here from my Northern Alberta home and see the snow and ice melt away and the sun blazing through my window and I know that spring is here. Time to relish in new life, not to mention get rid of the extra pounds from Christmas (and, yanno, the years before then too). It's inspiring to see the sun out side and motivating me to get out, enjoy the fresh air and walk! The cheapest way to lose weight and be healthy. Not to mention, pretty effective to those who keep it up!
Now on to crafting ;)
I was on the demonstrator website for Stampin' Up! and I stumbled across this gem of a technique. I am eager to show my Stampers 10 group this tonight and see what they come up with. I just 'had' to use the technique once I saw the video and this is what I came up with.
I also bought my first pack of Basic Grey cardstock and ink. When I opened it up and set it down, I immediatly began looking for colours that would work beautifully with it and came across this colour combo which I fell in love with. Basic Grey, Rich Razzleberry and Pretty in Pink. I was just playing with the technique with my Dot Dot Dot background stamp 115332. I inked it with Pretty in Pink, then took my Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write marker and, using the brush end, just lightly tapped randomly all over the stamp. Then I took a scrap of 3x3 Whisper White and stamped it. It was so pretty, and used the colours I wanted that I used it as the base of these cards. I then used that stamp and created a background. I inked my background stamp with the Basic Grey, and being as it was very dark, I stamped on a scrap and then stamped again on my piece that would be going on my card, to make it a lighter shade. Then I added mini flower blooms from a couple of random stamp sets in Rich Razzleberry and Pretty in Pink to create the background. I think they came together beautifully and used my A Word for You stamp set (117032 w 120528 c) and Basic Grey Stampin' Write marker to ink one part of the stamp for the sentiment on the outside, then the bottom part of the sentiment for the inside. It came together pretty quickly when I finally figured out what I was doing. That can be the hardest part sometimes, looking at your beautiful Stampin' Up! supplies, sitting at your desk, knowing you want to create SOMETHING, but not knowing where to start!

So I hope I inspired you today, thanks for stopping by!

~Brandie~

No comments: