Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Easter Blessings

Hey everyone.
With Covid going on it was easy for me to have time fly by and not realize what day it is. I have been working, so I am aware of dates but Easter crawled up on me. I had plans to really expand my business this year and to do spring shows with Easter items, Mother's and Father's Day and weddings and grad. It seems with the way the world is right now, everything has been cancelled. It hasn't really, but sometimes it was easy for me to get in a funk and think 'Why Bother?'
But I should bother. We should all bother. In a safe way we should be bothering. So I got out of my funk and am working on the rest of the upcoming spring holidays and going digital. I will miss doing the outdoor markets at my local Farmers Market this spring and I'll miss the face to face with people, but I can still make beautiful things and inspire and make people's day.
I still did some Easter items - we are FINALLY melting the winter snow up here in Northern Alberta so I really wanted to do some fun, spring floral patterns and colors.
These images are from Whimsy Stamps. They are absolutely adorable. I really like how detailed they are and own quite the collection. These bunnies are perfect for Easter!
After coloring in the images, I really wanted to use that bold teal and fuchsia so I used Stampin' Up!'s Bermuda Bay and Berry Burst to stamp some florals from their Sale a Bration Thoughtful Blooms stamp set. I matched that with more bold colors- Highland Heather and Mango Melody on a Crumb Cake stamped Woodgrain background. I love how the colors pop and just scream Spring.

The next little bunny was completed yesterday, so after Easter came and went. I just did it as a simple thinking of you card. I framed the image on a glittery piece of cardstock cut in a cut out scalloped circle. I based it on a die cut piece of Whisper White that I cut out using Floral Phrases thinlits from Stampin' Up! I layered it on a piece of vellum and finished it off with some sheer ribbon. Very simple, and yet very pretty.


Carrying on with the Easter theme, I brought back the idea of lollipop cards. I like calling them ''picks" or "piqs" because they would be perfect as a little 'pick' in a bouquet or peeking out from a gift bag. I used the same images from Whimy Stamps: The Bunny in a basket is: Bonnie and the Bunny on a branch is: Springtime. I used Stampin' Up!'s retired Floral Frames framelit dies for the base. I mounted the images on slightly larger circles cut out from glitter cardstock and finished them off with some sentiments printed off my computer on Whisper White Cardstock. Add some wonderful sheer and thin ribbon from Michaels, handmade flowers from Spellbinders floral dies and attach on paper straws and you're done!
I don't know about you, but the bursts of colors and florals is enough to bring me out of the dumps and hope for a future soon where we could all get back to normal.

Until then, stay safe and healthy and inspired.

~Brandie~

No comments: