Thursday, April 30, 2020

Welcome Home

Hey everyone. Hope you're all well. For all my card crafty followers I hope that you are taking some time to craft and be creative. If not, that's okay. Do what you need to for yourself. For me, I need to be creative to be sane. It lets me pour it all out into something. But then, I too have days where I have zero inspiration and want to do nothing. It's all about balance and every day is a new normal we all have to find for ourselves. It's sure not easy, but I really do hope you all manage.

Speaking of normal, people still are out doing things- even differently. I have a friend who's parents are moving so she commissioned me to make a housewarming card. I saw a few different ones on Pinterest that followed this layout.

I loved how the die cut houses peeked over the window. I used the retired Hearts Come Home dies from Stampin' Up and cut the few houses I wanted. I created a window from a label die I had and sandwiched a couple of acetate sheets between the top layer and base layer to create a shaker for the window. I trimmed the hearts come home stamp from the set and took off the 'Christmas' at the end of the sentiment- and it worked! I added some die cut hearts and the Hello sentiment from the Hello You set from Stampin' Up!

Here you can see the fun sequins I added in red and black and then some gold stars from a glitter combo pack I got from Michaels. Finish it off with some paper elements and some twine and voila- done!
To create the window I had my card base and layer lightly adhered and put them through my die machine at the same time. I then added the acetate to the back of the front, and the front of the card base- cutting the acetate about a quarter of an inch smaller. Then I put some Stampin' Up! 3D adhesive strips around the the window on the card base so I could line up the top layer and the bottom layer after I put the filler in.

That's it for me tonight, I hope you're all inspired!
~Brandie~

No comments: