Thursday, April 16, 2020

Pretty Puppies

Hey all!
Like I was saying yesterday, I am in love with Spring colors and florals. I do like winter, but only around Christmas. I deal with it in January and then we get, what we Northerners affectionately call 'false spring' in Feburary followed by 'second' (and sometimes third or fourth) winter. This happens in March and April. It's not uncommon to have snow on May Long. Definitely not uncommon to have snow during Easter.
I am officially over it. Though I am born and bred here in Grande Prairie, Alberta, and I don't see myself ever leaving (home IS home after all), I am still over it.
So I boycott our prolonged winter with bright colors, fun stamp sets, 'summer' food (cooked indoors lol), and wearing capris and letting my legs get a bit chilly.
So when I pulled out my bunny stamps from Whimsy, I found my Naughty Puppies set from them as well and couldn't resist creating some fun, spring time cards.
I decided I would start doing a Sketch Challenge and color combo challenge to keep my designs fresh and help when I am a bit stumped on a design. I love doing different fun fold and interactive cards, they are big hits with my customers, but when you have a beautiful image as a focal point, sometimes it's nice for it to be just that; the focal point.
Here's the sketch that I found on Pinterest:
I used Bermuda Bay, Mango Melody and Smokey Slate as my palette. The designer series paper were from some stacks I had gifted to me so I am unsure of the names of them. I found as close as I could to the Stampin' Up! ink colors. The Sentiments are from Gina K Designs For the Grad wreath builder stamp set. And I was a bit addicted to creating my own mini blooms with some various flower builder dies from Spellbinders. I inked the flowers with Distress Oxide Ink from Tim Holtz-  Ripe Persimmon and Broken China. Love the bold color combo and how they light up the card. I had a lot of fun using a sketch challenge and it made creating this card a lot easier. Look for more sketch and color challenges in the future.

Please feel free to follow me at crafterseden on Instagram to see what I am working on next!

~Brandie~

No comments: