Monday, April 20, 2020

Video Game Brothers

Hey all! Happy Spring :)
It has been beautiful weather the past couple of days and the snow is FINALLY melting. The bad news is flooding though, all my walk paths are huge puddles. But spring is finally here and I am so happy. Despite the pandemic still in the world, I am able to go for walks and enjoy the weather. It isn't easy to look on the bright side or to see blessings when there is so much negativity, but for myself, those small things can help me look to a brighter future.
These cards are a couple months old. I whipped them up for my son's Valentine's day cards (which was the last week he had of school).
They came together pretty quickly once I had an idea. I love making my own invites/Valentine's/any holiday cards and favors for the kids at school. Matt was my 'surprise' baby so he came after the older 3 by a few years. My 'stay at home mommy' phase was focused on the older three when they were  younger and I would do every holiday all out. Poor Matt got the short of the stick there. Store bought (GASP!) cards weren't unheard of while I balanced work and mom life. As I mentioned before, I am now working at an amazing place that not only feeds me mentally and doesn't wear me down like previous jobs, but I can afford to be part time which gives me more time to focus on my crafting.
But still, need to find something that is quick and simple when I need to bust out 16 or more for a class room ;)
These are all single layer cards matted on a scalloped base. I didn't add any embellishments or do any fussy cutting or die cutting so the most time consuming thing was doing the image coloring, and then doing the masking so I could create the video games scenes. These are "Video Game Brothers" from the amazing Kindred Stamps. I adore their pop culture stamps that everyone just knows to see and the fans just go nuts over. The inking was done with Tim Holtz distress inks and My Favorite Things background stencils. And the thing is, these would work for any sort of occasion to let someone know you love them and are thinking about them. Which, in this day and age, would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all are inspired!

~Brandie~

No comments: