Tuesday, March 10, 2020

St. Patty's Day Lollipop Cards

Hello all! and Welcome Back.
Today I have some beautiful images courtesy of The Greeting Farm "Hatters Kit". It is now retired but sometimes they bring them back for specialty purchase. I enjoy this set a lot and have used them for a variety of projects. Now I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day myself, but it is fun with the green colors and I thought that this set would be perfect for them.
I had colored these images a couple of years ago and they were just sitting in my stash waiting for inspiration.
Well, thank you Pinterest.
I found something called Lollipop cards. I think they are beautiful and simple and perfect for tucking into a gift bag or a bouquet of flowers. Now, the ones I've seen used rosettes, but for these I used scalloped circles from Sizzix. They layer nicely with the circle dies I have. I layered my image, glitter paper and then the scalloped circles. I needed to use a 2nd scalloped circle to base the card over a stick of some sort. I used Whisper White so a person could stamp or write a sentiment on the backside. For the stick, I found paper straws to be colorful and the perfect height and weight. Party City had small packs reasonably priced in a variety of colors so I purchased a few different colors. The lime green ones were perfect for these St. Patty's day ones.
Finish the card off with some flowers, leaves and flowing ribbon and they are complete. I won't lie, I am a bit obsessed with these right now and I can't wait to make some Easter ones in the upcoming weeks.
And I finally used the images I had colored years ago! Win/win.
Well I hope you are all inspired. Thanks for stopping by.
~Brandie~


No comments: