Monday, May 25, 2009

STAMPIN' UP!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hello there friends :D Okay- I actually got my FIRST Stampin' Up! Package a few weeks ago- but I have been a bit busy to blog. Why you may ask AHEM Another first :D :D :D (I am really happy about this-in case you haven't noticed) Chris and I have been approved for a mortgage and are getting our FIRST place! YAY! So new goodies in my new place! It is a nice, newer 3 bedroom modular- so the girls will still have to share a room- and I don't get a craft room- BUT There will be space in my new bedroom to craft. I am super stoked! I know that this is just a first time home- and that when the kids get older I will probablly want more space, but I am so happy about it right now and I am praying that all the paper work goes through smoothly to allow us to get this place.
NOW Stampin' Up! When I was just scrapbooking- I really didn't see the need for stamps or SU or anything like that. Then the more I got into card making, the more I really desired some SU stuff! I would visit blogs and see how-tos on youtube that would highlight SU stuff and so (two years and a bit of savings in the making). I got SO MUCH STUFF :D it was the best Mother's day present ever! I got 6 Jumbo wheels, 5 standard wheels, a BUNCH of ink (woooooooow a bunch of ink! and seeing the inks themselves! I love colorbox for embossing- but man! One SU ink was TWICE the size for HALF the price- amazing!) I bought some in color cardstock and some of the new DSP- I love the Bella Rose and already have HALF a project made out of it and Urban Garden (I will add it plus a template when I have all the card finished- too cute if I do say so myself!) And a few stamp sets. I have a plan :) So I will set some of my monthly earnings from my crafting aside each month- and each time there is a new catalogue- I am making a huge purchase and should be good for a while. I am so happy :D I know- very lame but hey! It was a long time coming!
SO here is my first FINISHED peice of work using my new SU stuff.
So directions for this CUTE box is found at http://clearlyistamp.typepad.com/my_weblog/
I love her stuff :) and the box is really easy to make with simple instructions BUT you do need a 12*12 sheet of cardstock to make the outside. So I used some Bella Rose DSP and Pink Pirouette cardstock. So I didn't use much of my new stuff- but that will come later! I also bought some BEAUTIFUL primas in the pink flower fancy at Michaels, white ribbon, pink sheer ribbon found at Michaels and Bazzil cardstock for the base.

Now for the inside:
I actually made two inserts and used sticky strip to stick them together before adhering them inside the box so I had 4 pockets instead of 3. I plan on using this for my business - I have a space for sketches, a space for projects on the go (orders and personal projects) a space for wishlists for things I want-along with an envie for said savings, and a space for project material lists with an envie for savings as well. I love being organized and this will be great :)
So here are the matching savings envelopes I made to use in my box. So there we go! I am hoping to have more time to craft- but it will be a bit crazed- with end of school stuff and packing and signing stuff and moving- I hope to be a bit better with this blogging thing then :P So thanks all who stopped by and reveled in my good news- laters!
~Brandie~

No comments: