Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Super Dad

Hey all! Welcome back.
Life is all blending in to itself, I swear. I work, same shift every day. Come home. Chris and the kids are home. Clean. Cook. Craft. Eyes blurring, head swimming. And the weather up here is all dull and wet and I am pretty much just exhausted. 
But then something comes along my desk and whether it's a story idea or card idea, the inspiration just invigorates me. That was the case with these fun fold cards. I got myself a scan and cut (LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!) and it's made my crafting life so much easier. Now, I haven't been much of a fussy cutter, so I just avoid it and work with stamping straight on my page. Just sucks cuz it limited what I could do and if I ever wanted to build a scene I had to do a lot of masking. But with my new toy, I was able to cut a bunch of images out and just color them- which was easier than I thought it would be.
I had pre-cut a bunch of images from Kindred Stamps for Father's day coming up. 
Unfortunately, all of these images are from sets that have since been discontinued. The heroes were from 2 separate limited edition boxed sets and then the space guys are from Galactic Adventures that have been sold out as well. I would highly recommend following Kindred Stamps for different pop culture icon stamp sets. They are beyond incredible. I have missed out on a few and have kicked myself.
Anyways, I digress. I had cut and colored a bunch of images out for Father's day cuz, well, the father of my children is a big nerd (and I love him for it). I figured he's not the only big nerd in the world, so I should prepare myself.
After cutting and coloring I was left with....now what? I had a few go-to's that were popular last year (stay tuned!) but I also like doing different things and challenge myself. I found on Pinterest something called a W-fold. I thought it would be fun to create something that looked very comic-esque and wound up coming up with these.

I was able to cut out the letters from my Scan and Cut. I need to work on my measurements a little bit better, I wanted to do a shadow effect. It's not perfect close up, but it does the job. I found some Super Hero paper from Recollections and downloaded a free font from 1001fonts.com called Crimefighter. It's not cheesy like comic sans and works really well for that Comic look. Then at the bottom I stamped and embossed the cityscape background from the retired You're Super set from My Favorite Things.
Then you open this simple front of the card and BAM! - we have the W-fold into a lovely comic themed 3D layout.
I also used the same font and sized it so it would fit the POW die cut that matched the You're Super set. I cased the idea that has been all over Pinterest for Father's Day gift ideas and just wrapped it up into a card form.
Here's a few different angles for you to see just how fun this card is.

Well that's it for me tonight. I hope you've enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by!

~Brandie~


No comments: