Monday, June 22, 2020

Peek A Boo!

Hello Everyone! Welcome Back. Today I am featuring these newer stamps sets from The Greeting Farm. There are a handful of designs, 3 little ladies (Anya) and 1 dapper dude (Ian). The neat thing about these sets is that they come with a couple of cute sentiments AND they have a back side to each character. If you haven't already,  I would recommend checking out their website. They not only have clear and rubber stamps- high quality and crisp images- but they have a new litany of digital images that you can create these fabulous scenes with. A lot are perfect for what's going on, from thanking essential workers to working from home. You can even see a tutorial on YouTube on how to create those scenes.
But I digress. I don't own them myself (yet) but I definitely had to get my hands on these lovely ladies for now. With all the social distancing in the past couple of months, I had the idea of these girls peeking through a window to say 'hi' because they miss you! I first tried the layout for Mother's Day to see how it would work. I loved the grey wood panels and I just love pink with grey. I started by stamping Smokey Slate ink on Smokey Slate cardstock with the Woodgrain stamp from Stampin' Up! I then cut a rectangle through the card base and woodgrain layer. I had this window die from a Stampin' Up! Christmas set (retired). It came with a floral window box that I thought would be great for this card. I cut 2 window frames out and added acetate on both. I put one on the inside of the card (to hide my rectangle) and added some 3D adhesive strips from Stampin' Up! to create a shaker with the window. Once the shaker was completed,  I used a variety of flowers and dies from different Greeting Farm and My Favorite Thing sets. Add some pop of color with pieces of DSP and embellishments and it finished the card front off nicely. Then you got your character on the inside peeking out. You could even make this a double page card so you have more room to write a sentiment. I loved the idea of this card so much that I used Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride and Granny Apple Green for the next one for a more mod color scheme. Then, instead of Mother's Day, did a thinking of you/miss you which would be great for someone you haven't been able to see during quarantine.
 
 I just love the hat on this girl! Plus her little coffee cup. Wouldn't she be perfect with a coffee gift card? I have so many more ideas in store for her. Now with my new toy (still giddy over the Scan n' Cut) I can avoid fussy cutting her and do the whole front/back thing like these stamps were intended.
The colored plaid paper for both cards is from various packs of My Favorite Things 6x6 packs. The epoxy hearts are from Recollections at Michaels. All coloring was with Copics and the sentiments were from the the retired Family Ties stamp set.

Hope I inspired you to create your own missing  you cards! Thanks for stopping by.

~Brandie~

No comments: