Sunday, April 9, 2017

Party Shakers

Happy Sunday!
So as I mentioned in my last post, I have a customer who really likes the Hatters from The Greeting Farm and put in an order for a few different cards using various hatters characters. You've seen the Step Panel card that I made last time (link to Dawn's Stamping Thoughts and the tutorial on my previous post). This time I wanted to do something different than the step panel and easle cards that I've been really enjoying and so easy to do.
Time to step out of the box :)
I tried my hand at a couple of shaker cards- they can be a bit time consuming and really hard (for me anyways) to think of a concept for a card that wasn't too busy or lame. Everyone else I saw that made them seemed to have no problem with creative block. I just couldn't figure it out.
I guess it was only a matter (Hatter!) of time.
 This is Stephie. I made a window card with Stampin' Up!'s Window Sheets, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Marina Mist card stock. I layered an Old Olive Scalloped square with some Marina Mist and cut right through the front of the card so it peeked to the sentiment on the inside.
 It creates a really neat dimmensional feel. I used the banner stamp and die from the Celebrate Today stamp set from SU! I layered them over the window, as well as stamped and embossed a set on the sentiment underneath, giving it a 3D effect. I used the Foam Adhesive strips from SU! as well sandwiched between 2 sets of window sheets to complete the window. I grabbed some silver stars that I had lying around for the shaker inserts.

 Here's the card layed flat and closed so you can see the fun silver stars dancing in the window.
I added layered petals from various mini bud punches and colored rhinestones with a blue copic that worked well with the Marina Mist color.
I used the Layered labels from SU! and the Endless Birthday Wishes set from SU! as well for the sentiment.

This here is Amy from the Hatters Collection. Using the same type of idea to create a 'through' window to the inside of the card. I honestly like the idea and think it can be a lot of fun :)

The color pallet for this card is Smokey Slate, Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay.  I used the Endless Thanks from SU! for the sentiments (retired- sadly enough). To finish it off, I was able to use some the glitter paper I received from this past Sale-A-Bration. I really hope they bring it back because, hello-GLITTER :)

That's it for me- enjoy the rest of  your Sunday.

~Brandie~

No comments: