Friday, April 28, 2017

Last Ones....

I promise.
At least for a while ;)

I went on a kick and made a bunch of those Step Panel Cards.
I also dusted off the Greeting Farm's "Magical Bean" s kit (and thus putting my Hatters away for a little while). I added this to the Mini Faries available through the greeting farm and created these whimsical cards:

 I got to do the background sponging which is such an effective technique. I sponged in Soft Sky and Pool Party. Instead of die cutting a cloud shape I just winged it.
Then I went to my Tried and True Stampin' Up! Stamp sets and used my Thoughts and Prayers set for the hanging vines, Petite Petals for the watercolor-esque petals and then a fun Birthday banner sentiment from an old Sale a Bration set.
 The tiny buds are brought to you by a retired set Itty Bitty Buds and the coordinating punch set.

I am enamoured with the color combo here of Crumb Cake, Sweet Sugarplum and Blushing Bride. (please please please bring Sweet Sugarplum back when you re-vamp the color families Stampin' Up!!!)
 I used the exact template for this Fairy Birthday Card, but switched up the colors a bit. I love Pink and Green so
I paired Pink Pirouette with Pear Pizzazz.
Shhh but there is an even BETTER  BRIGHTER AND BOLDER green coming down the pipes ;) Can't wait to play with that!
The Smokey Slate I paired these colors with gives a good base to make this a wee bit more sparkley with some Fairy Glitter (or- good old fashioned Stickles or Dazzling Details). I also used some Silver embossing powder for the sentiment on the back. I tried it with the Banner on the front, but it didn't read well so I just used Smokey Slate ink for that. The buds on this card is brought to you by Forget Me Not by Papertrey Ink.

Well I hope you enjoyed! Next time I'll be showcasing a different technique, promise!

Have a great day,
~Brandie~

No comments: