Thursday, September 29, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Hello all!

Oh.
My.
Goodness.

Y'all have NO idea how utterly, amazingly adorable the Home Sweet Home bundle is from Stampin' Up! I got mine early this month and have been happily playing and pinning away- not to mention all the inspiration just looking at the set gives me.
Oh I can't hardly wait!
So here's some of what I came up with:
Halloween of course :)
 The cute little ghost makes this set pop- as well as the shattered shingles. There is another adorable Halloween set called "Spooky Fun" item #144437.
It comes with a picket fence (not the one pictured), gravestones and pumpkins. It'd truly make this set pop for Halloween decor- I just don't Halloween much beyond the free candy tax I charge the kiddos ;)



Next I went a little wood cottage inspired with this fun creation:
 

I used the Woodgrain Background stamp in Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla cardstock. Using the retired Itty Bitty set I made tiny flowers in the little flower sills. The sill was just using the 'dog dish' upside down. Dog dish- by the way- with the little bones would make a cute little 'dog house' creation ;)
So flowers, and banners and hearts and all things pretty can create a little Snow White-esque cottage of your very own. Put it in a shadow box with flowers and fairies to give to the princess in your life.

Then OBVIOUSLY we have the lovely Gingerbread House. I am not a fan of how mine turned out, I had seen better, but for a first attempt it was okay.   I really liked the sides of the house over the front.

 

What I love most about Stampin' Up! is the coordinating abilities between different sets. Doing the gingerbread house with the Home Sweet Home set, then adding on from the Cookie Cutter Christmas set (item# 143493) or the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set (item# 142040 in clear 142037 in wood), would just be the perfect finishing touches.

Last but not least is the Sweet Shoppe. I am SO proud of this little ditty. I turned the home on it's side- using the slope of the siding with the word window punch to create a lovely awning that you'd find on any little chic shop.

 

 I used the "Sweets for the Sweet" sentiment on a retired Sweets for the Sweets set. I also used a retired hostess set to stamp some cakes, color them in and then trip then to size. I am sure you have some oldies but goodies in your stashes to create a similar look.

I created the extra long window by cutting out 2 windows from the Home Sweet Home die set, lining them up and carefully trimming 1 end off. I then used a glue pen to glue them over the image, trimmed it and then added Dazzling Details to mask the edge where it was cut. Nothing wrong with glittery window frames- right?





So there are all my little houses all lined in a row. I can just imagine creating a holiday lane or a little downtown street or...or...or... the possibilities are really endless. This has to be my current favourite stamp set. I would highly recommend trying it out.

So feel free to click on the link on my blog to take you to the Stampin' Up! site. Locals can locate me under the demonstrator finder by searching Brandie Nellis


Thanks for reading and have a great day!

~Brandie~

No comments: