Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Z Fold Fun

Hello all!

I have no idea how many times I put 'fun' in my titles to be honest. But let's face it, paper crafting IS fun! There is something enjoyable about making something beautiful with your hands. It's therapeutic and calming and just....tops!

So this is an older card I made (digging through my archives while working on some cute items using the new products from the new Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue).
I gave this one to a co-worker of mine for his birthday. I will admit, it is a bit more 'kid-friendly' but I had this puppy on hand.


 Using the Celebrate Today Stamp and Die Bundle (item #137138 and 137362). I adore the color pallet of Pool party, Bermuda Bay and Smokey Slate (I was so happy when SU! came out with the light grey shade!)

I cut a full piece of 8.5x11 Smokey Slate in half at an angle to make 2 cards of roughly the same size (you may be a quarter of an inch difference on either card -or at least I was). I angled the paper in my trimmer on the 8.5 side. The top left corner (at an angel) at the 5.5 mark and the bottom left at the 3.25 mark and then cutting from there. You should have 2 angled pieces. I haven't been able to perfect this yet- so 1 piece may be about a quarter of an inch shorter.

Then I scored in thirds, 3.75 and 7.5- leaving the back piece about a quarter of an inch shorter as well- but that's fine :) No one will notice ;)

Then I created a back ground by stamping Bermuda Bay ink on Bermuda Bay cardstock with the 'ball' stamp from the set. I didn't reink between stamping so I got a few different tones will I stamped randomly. I cut the Bermuda Bay a quarter of an inch shorter all the way around, creating back ground panels for each of the card 'fronts'. I stamped "birthday" over and over in a row creating a 'banner' for the card front with a piece of Pool Party slightly larger layered behind it.

I loved using the banner stamp and die across the balloons and the card- giving it such dimension. Pairing that with the balloon stars stamp just created a fun visual.

So I hope you enjoyed! Have an awesome day - until next time!

~Brandie~

No comments: