Monday, June 25, 2012

Another Bunch of Rosettes

Good afternoon! The end of the school year approaches and I find myself busy with teacher's gifts and kids end-of-school favours. If you haven't tried pinterest yet- DO! Not only is it highly addictive- but it's the perfect 1 stop 'shop' for craft ideas (not to mention NUMMY recipes and home decor ideas- to name a few 'pin boards'). SO I have a parcel coming in the next few days and I am stoked to get my hands on some of the new SU! items out of the Annual Catalogue, as well as put some craft ideas into play that I have come across via youtube and pinterest. But that will come later :) For the past 3 years I have had the pleasure of watching a sweet little girl for a friend of mine. She and my daughter have become quite the BFF's and it doesn't hurt that they are in the same grade, same school (NOT the same class- which for their teachers is probably a good thing!) and their birthdays are a mere 2 months apart. So how could I NOT whip up a gift for this little girl who, with wide eyed wonder, always stares earnestly whenever I have a project on the go and announces "I wish *I* could have one of those!" (no matter what it is I am making). So using the awesome (not to mention highly addictive) rosettes I re-created some of the things I made for the baby shower a few weeks ago and created a fun and funky design for a 7 year old.
 So for her gift I whipped up another flower pot using some left over fillings and chocolate melts I had from the week previous. I then grabbed some Fuchia paint to go with the Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry colour combo I went with and nabbed some Licorice (as there are no grey jelly belly beans in my store), cotton candy and bubble gum flavoured jelly belly beans. Instead of creating a bunch of rosettes for the chocolate flowers, I opted for using the large scalloped circle punch. Quicker and easier, but still very elegant.
 
 I used versamark and silver embossing powder on the Melon Mambo rosette to create a punch of sparkle. It went really well with the grey silk ribbon I had found.
 The super long lollipop sticks helped the flowers not get lost in the almost-full pot of jelly beans (she must be the ONLY kid out there that likes black. I don't blame her. Black jelly beans are AWESOME!)
And then to finish off her gift, I created this name banner with some alphabet die cuts and 7 rosettes all hot glued together. It was really quick and simple, but a lot of fun and quite the impact. I hope you enjoy and are inspired to make your own. Next time- no rosettes ;) I promise!






~Brandie~

No comments: