Friday, March 9, 2018

Comic Capers

Hello,

Today is all about super heroes! It has taken me a long time to finally get a bit of a super hero stamp collection, thanks to the movies that are coming out, the genre is becoming more popular in mainstream and the arts- so now we have more companies (thankfully) creating fun and imaginative sets. When paired with some of the Blueprints die sets from My Favorite Things, they make great comic bookesque themed cards.
These cards feature Caped Crusaders from the company Craftin' Desert Divas. A wonderful set that incorporated DC's popular characters with a childlike flair with animals. I used My Favorite Thing's Die-namic Stitched Collage frame. LOVE IT. It's perfect for comics!
I used 'Batman' and 'Wonder Woman' as the characters for this card from the Caped Crusaders set. Pairing that with My Favorite Things stamp and die set: You're Super. The skyline made a great panel for the comic. I also loved all the sentiments from the stamp set and how they coordinated and covered different celebrations. It worked really well for the exclaimation POW! panel.
I also used the sentiments from The Greeting Farm "Little Heroes" stamp set. The hollow letters allowed me to color them in.
With comics it's very traditional coloring, so my primary colors were ... well primary colors. Red, Yellow and Blue- and of course black. So I used Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Daper Denim from Stampin' Up!

The inside featured 'present stacks' from a couple different My Favorite Things stamp sets and the Die -namics Blueprints 29 from My Favorite Things.  The background is pieces from the Comic Heroes paper pack from Recollections. One of the fun things I found out, is stamping a polka dot background in Daffodil Delight before stamping and die cutting the exclamaition piece. Ties the whole comic theme in together. The inside of the card really does look like another cover for a different card so I don't think I would do that again, but it was fun to play with!

I hope you enjoyed!
~Brandie~


No comments: