Sunday, February 25, 2018

Beautiful Blends

Good Morning all!

Back at the crafting desk creating something special for a friend of mine.
In Northern Alberta we have a wonderful support group called Tiny Hands of Hope. It's a very delicate conversation topic as it deals with infant and pregnancy loss, and wanting to bring awareness to it as it's one of those 'don't talk about it' issues- and it should not be.
So a friend of mine is on the board and needing a donation item for a big to-do they have coming up and I am so honored and excited to create something amazing for her- so that will be coming in the near future!
As for today I went into my recent archives to find something fun. As I stated before I quit my full time job in lieu of my current job. There was a month between the two, so noonly did I spend that time in interviews, online applying and pounding the pavement, I found my creative mo-jo again and went nuts making a variety of cards.
So today's creation used a retired Stampin' Up! set called Secret Garden. It's a gorgeous set perfect for blend coloring- so I purchased it when I first got Stampin' Up!'s blendability markers. Unfortunately the markers got recalled due to a manufacturing issue- but copics worked fine in a pinch.
(on topic- make sure to check out the 2018 Stampin' Up! Occasions catalogue as they have fixed that issue and now re-launched them. They have a beautiful array of colors and at a decent price point.)
ANYWAYS the thin outline in these images were also perfect to emboss in Whisper White and do some emboss resist techniques. I found a beautiful card on Pinterest who used the technique as I did for a Christmas card- stamped a border and then smudged various colors over it and had a bold black sentiment in the middle.
So here's my take on it:
I used Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight to do a warm sunset sort of color scheme. Plus the stamp set had coordinating dies so it was fun to create that same technique and just die the pieces out and do a 3D dimension element on the side.

I followed the same technique on the inside to bring the inside and outside of the card together. I love doing that so it keeps the same theme and there is interest on the inside of the card.

Well that's it for me! Thanks for stopping by!
~Brandie~

No comments: