Friday, February 23, 2018

Back at It

Just a quick one today- and though it's quick, and though I've said it before, I do plan on blogging and sharing on a more regular basis. As I've stated, writing and crafting are both passions of mine- passions I have wanted to purue. Not sure how to really make a career out of them, but I know that it wasn't going to happen sitting behind a desk each day to the point of exhaustion where I had no energy to pour into my passions.
This poster popped up on my Facebook newsfeed one day and I just had to post it on my own page. It really spoke to me. I, especially as a woman and especially as a wife and mother, put my own desires on the back burner for so long. I tried to balance work and life and family and business for so long and it was a slow agony.
Something had to give.
So I have quit my full time job and as scary as it is, and as much of a leap of faith as it has been, I feel freer for it.
I have so many plans and ideas and dreams that it's quite intoxicating lol.
Got myself a part time job that frees me up to focus on my passions more. And that excites me more than the telliing of it. 
So with all that said, here's a quick inspiration for any of my followers and fellow stampers:


 These are the "Cheeky Monkeys" from a company called Clearly Besotted. They have the cutest critters I have ever seen. I'll defintely be show casing more of their sets later as someone got spoiled this past Christmas.
So in trying to be unique, I love having cut-away parts on my cards. They add a different sort of dimenssion to cards to make them different than what you'd normally see. So what I did here was cut 2 inches off the front of a standard A2 card and then layered some leaves and random monkey images to cover the cut. It works really well with the inside of the card which does this cute peek-a-boo effect.

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Crumb Cake Stampin' Up!
Dies: Spellbinders
Stamped Images: Cheeky Monkey- Clearly Besotted


Thanks for stopping by!
~Brandie~

No comments: