After making so many rosette banners, I got an order for something using "upside down triangles" (non craft speak for pennants). I wasn't too sure how to make a banner out of them, for my beautiful photographer friend who needed them for her studio, and I don't have the die. She also wanted them BIG, so unfortunately the Stampin' Up die wouldn't work. It's gorgeous, I wants it! but it's not as big as she was looking for. I also didn't have much inspiration as I had never made them before (save the mini ones using the Pennant Parade stamp set and XL punch). I really didn't know where to start. As I searched Pinterest and Splitcoaststampers, I found some nice ones- but they weren't what I was looking for. So after a while of thinking, parusing the internet and prayer for inspiration I finally whipped up these:
She wanted an "It's a Boy" and "It's a Girl" banner for her studio for the new baby pics :) I really did enjoy making these after I was inspired. I cut basic triangles instead of specific pennant ones, and the using my Scalloped Border punch, created a bunch of scalloped strips and stratigicly placed them behind the triangles. Then I was stuck again :/ I didn't know how to punch up a pennant! After playing around with ink colours and stamps, I used a couple of retired SU! jumbo wheels and created a smaller Whisper White triangle and rolled the stamped image over them. Then I cut large scalloped circles and alternated the colours with the triangles. For the boys banner I used Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and Basic Grey. I love that combo (you know, you know) but the font I printed out really made it stand out that much more and works so well. I am in love with the boy's one! Then I got to make some more rosettes (YAY!) and layered them with scallops and a couple of Certainly Celery and Old Olive buttons from my collection. I strung some sheer thick ribbon through the back to connect each triangle and then added some strips of retired Whisper White grossgrain ribbon for a bit of flair. Here's a close- up of the boy's one:
The girl's banner I used Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink and Basic Black. The colours went really well together, but the extra patterned paper I had laying around for the rosettes didn't really do it justice. I wasn't as happy with it. But it still had the same idea as the boys, and a more flirty font.