Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Occasion Mini and Demonstrator News

Summer is flying by and with it each day is quickly behind me. Not that I mind being busy, but the days are so filled with children and kid-related stuff that crafting and blogging can be non-exsistent at times. Which is sad as I have tons of projects and quite miss blogging. But, for me and my kids anyways, there are 4 and a half short weeks before school starts up again. And with that comes family birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am so glad that Stampin' Up! has started putting their Occasions Catalogue out a full month early. What a great way to pass those rainy summer days by getting a head start on holiday crafting!
To get a peek at the new catalogue, click the link on the side bar. I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on some of the new products and begin showing the amazing things you can create too!

The next bit of August news if for all people signing up to become Demonstrators during this month. It's a great time to sign up anytime, but right before the holidays is perfect as you have a chance to get these amazing products at a discount and can show your friends, co-works, neighbours, kids friend's parents and more different holiday themed projects to get them excited and introduce them to the wonders of Stampin' Up! By signing up in August, you get this FREE Spooktacular Kit. It is super cute and full of possibilities!
As I had mentioned when the Annual Catalogue came out in June, it's was $215 (cnd) to sign up and now it's only $125- for up to $155 worth of products- your choice- plus $70 worth of business materials to get your business started. There is so much much much more to be excited about, about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator- so why not leave a message and I can let you know in person the wonderful opportunity you get just by joining my team.

Now- it's been a while- so I will keep with my Stampin' Up! theme by posting this SU! only project:
I had a lot of fun creating this card. I created my own background by sponging colours on top of each other on bare Whisper White Cardstock. I didn't want to take away from the focal point of the card. So by sponging Calypso Coral and Pretty in Pink with the Stampin' Sponges, I made a marbley type bacground, and just added a strip of Pretty In Pink stamped randomly with the Bordering on Romance Stamp Set. Then I created a layered mat for my stamped image and stamped the main flower from the stamp set 3 times. I coloured each image, and then cut out different pieces. Then using my Stampin' Dimensionals, I created a 3D effect by layering each smaller piece on the previous piece. After I stamped my sentiment with Curly Cute and matted it, I just adhered them opposite each other on this gatefold card and voila! Simple yet effective!

I hope you take the time to look at the new products, and stay tuned as my brain is BRIMMING with possibilities! The holidays are truly my favourite time and I will be a crafting mad-woman. Hopefully the houseful of kiddos can make blogging more of a reality too ;) Take care!

~Brandie~

No comments: