Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Flower Cards

Hey folks! I know, it's been a while again. But since talking to various demonstrators I really want to put an effort in my blog. Part of that is keeping new items and ideas going so that just means crafting more, not that I am complaining. I have more time for that now so I am pretty stoked.The first thing I wanted to show is what I did at my Stampers 10 group this past week. I love flowers and all things bling, and I haven't seen very much Paper Daisy (Stampin' Up!) altering. They are pretty as-is, but they are a blank slate and have SO much potential!
So this is what I have come up with:
I think that they make a really pretty focal point on a card, or they could be used to embellish a scrapbook layout or using the smaller size, a card. I used the biggest size available for these cards here, so they take up quite a bit of space on the card. They are super quick and simple to make and the ladies at Stampers 10 had a blast whipping them up and using them on their projects.
Step 1:
Stamp a background on your flower. It doesn't really matter what sort of background you use. I used Dot Dot Dot here, but using a Stampin' Around wheel or creating your own background from blending together different clear stamps on one acrylic block works too.
Step 2:
Ink the edges of the flower using a sponge. I used Tempting Turquois to stamp and ink the larger flower and Bashful Blue to just ink the smaller one. You can blend ink colours together and make either a monochromatic or colourful mixture (I used Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo in one of these cards- I thought it looked very Hawaiian sunset-y).
Step 3:
Add bling (if you'd like). In the Turquois ones I spritzed them with Smooch Spritz. You could line and 'paint' the edges with Dazzling Details or paint using Shimmer Paint, or even mix some Fine Clear Embossing Powder with Glitter and adhere by inking the edges with Versamark. The options are really limitless, and that's if you even want to add sparkle!
Step 4: Assemble. For some of these flowers, I used the same size and just inked the bottom flower in a different colour. In the Turquois one I layerd a smaller flower to give some different dimension. If you decide to add Smooch Spritz or something else wet, you can slowly fold the petals in slightly to make it more 3D. I used Glue Dots to adhere my flowers together. Then you can add a centre, by using either a button or a brad. Here I used Stampin' Up!'s buttons from their Subtle and Brights collection. I used the largest ones as they worked better for the size of the flower, but smaller flowers can use the brads or smaller buttons. Or you could use a rhinestone or pearl.
Step 5:
adhere to your project- and voila DONE!

Here's a few more that I whipped up using different colour schemes:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Brandie~





Items:
Turquois Card:
Paper Daisies 119243
Vanilla Smooch Spritz 118772
Tempting Turquois 102067 (CS) 100814 (ink)
Bashful Blue 105120 (CS) 105209 (ink) 105111 (Stampin' Write Marker)
Designer Buttons Brights 119747
Designer Series Paper Pack - Subtles 117152
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder 117335
Builder Wheel: Posy Party 118615
Pink and Orange:
Stampin' Around Wheel: It's Beautiful (retired)
Dazzling Details White 124117
Melon Mambo 115320 (CS) 115656 (ink)
Pumpkin Pie 111349 (CS) 111934 (ink)
Designer Buttons- Subtles 119745
Stamp Set: A Word For You 120528 (clear)
Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder 115964
Pink:
Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel: So Swirly (retired)
Top Note Die Cut 113463





No comments: